Assistant Child Care Teacher
Calvert School has an immediate need for a full-time Assistant Child Care Teacher for its Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys program. Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys is a childcare center providing care to infants eight weeks old to toddlers age four. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for work in a supportive and friendly environment. The center is located in Cross Keys on Falls Road, which is accessible from I-83. This is a 12-month position, Monday through Friday.
Assistant Teachers will assist the Lead Teacher in creating and implementing curriculum and activities that are age appropriate and they will manage the daily affairs of a classroom. They will assist in managing student daily reports and will interact with parents and collaborate with team members.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Calvert School pays 100% of the employee cost for health, prescription, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance. A retirement benefit is also offered. Calvert offers generous sick, vacation, and holiday leave.
Qualifications of the ideal candidates include the following:
- Must be 21 years or older and have at least one full year working in a preschool setting.
- Must be Maryland Senior Staff qualified (possessing the 90-hour certification), 45 of which must be in Infant/Toddler or hold an Associates or Bachelor’s degree (with transcripts) in Early Childcare Education (ECE).
- Candidate must have successfully completed 45 hours of Child Development and 9 hours of Communication.
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
- Demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
In addition, candidates must meet the State of Maryland, Office of Child Care, and other licensing regulatory agencies requirements including a pre-employment medical exam and a TB test with a negative result. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210