Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, is searching for a Custodian to join our Maintenance Department. Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
The Custodian will work under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities and responsibilities will include the following duties:
- Perform custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness and well-groomed appearance of the school.
- Operate low and high-speed buffers and scrubbers, carpet extractors, and ride-on floor scrubbers.
- Remove snow and/or ice from all sidewalks, driveways and parking lots; including when the school is closed for inclement weather.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate include the following:
- High school diploma or GED required with a minimum of three years of related experience.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, including weekends on occasion, and must work effectively as a member of a team or independently.
- Must be able to lift 50-pounds.
- Knowledge of the Kivac cleaning system and a valid Maryland driver’s license is a plus.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday from 11:00 A.M. to 7:30 P.M. Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plans. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to the address below or call 410-243-6054 ext. 275 to request an employment application. NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
Interested candidates can send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210