Child Care Teacher
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, has an immediate opening for a Child Care Teacher for its Kiddie Calvert program. Kiddie Calvert is an on-site child care center providing care to infants eight weeks old to toddlers age four. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for work in a supportive and friendly environment. The school is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
The teacher will co-teach two-year-old students and will be responsible for creating and implementing curriculum and activities that are age appropriate. The teacher will work under the supervision of the Director of Child Care. This is a 10-month position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate include the following:
- Must be 21 years or older and have at least one full year working in a preschool setting.
- Must be Maryland Senior Staff qualified (possessing the 90-hour certification) or hold an Associates or Bachelor’s degree (with transcripts) in Early Childcare Education (ECE).
- Candidate must have successfully completed 45 hours of infant/toddler coursework.
- Demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
- Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
In addition, a pre-employment medical exam is required and candidates must have a TB test and test negative.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plans. Generous sick, personal, and holiday leave is also offered. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates can send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210