Director of The Institute For Leadership & Purpose
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, is searching for a full-time Director of The Institute for Leadership & Purpose for the 2021-22 school year. Calvert School is dedicated to educating girls and boys through its time-tested method of teaching and rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility, and self-discipline.
Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
Calvert School’s Institute for Leadership & Purpose (ILP) uses the power of experiential and reflective learning to inspire tomorrow’s leaders to impact their communities and the world. The Director of The Institute for Leadership & Purpose will oversee the ILP program with the goal of raising Calvert students to be leaders with a purpose. The Director will serve as a member of the administrative team and will work closely with all constituencies. This position is 12-month and requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee the execution of all ILP programs, including review and design of leadership programs and services for Calvert students. Ensure that the standards of program delivery and coordination of events are managed and executed properly and timely.
- Coordinate with campus constituencies and community leaders in developing and managing ILP programs. Serve as liaison with the community and community service organizations.
- Manage the Leadership Certificate program which provides an opportunity for interested students to engage in a deeper learning experience over their final two years at Calvert. This program will include weekly meetings, guest speakers, cornerstone projects, and a leadership portfolio. The Director will coordinate and oversee all aspects of the certificate program.
- Promote active and broad participation of students, teachers, and volunteers in all areas of the ILP.
- Oversee the school-wide Community Outreach Program, which includes coordinating and overseeing activities, supporting teachers, and communicating with members of the community. Establish working relationships with Calvert partners and work closely with the greater Baltimore community.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager in the development of promotional materials that interpret the ILP and its goals to prospective students and assist with the management of the ILP web page. Work with the Manager to promote the ILP on social media platforms.
- Work with the Director of Development to write and apply for grants and partner with the Development Office to assist with fundraising efforts for the ILP.
- Manage the ILP department budget.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with five to eight years of related experience and must have excellent written and interpersonal skills. A master’s degree in education and/or administration preferred. Experience working with an independent private school is preferred, and candidates must have the ability to work with independence in dealing with the diverse elements of the academic environment. This position requires absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plans. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210