Part-Time School Nurse
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school in Baltimore, is searching for a part-time School Nurse for the 2021-22 school year. Calvert School is dedicated to educating girls and boys through its time-tested method of teaching and rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility, and self-discipline. Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
The part-time Nurse will work under the direction of our full-time School Nurse and will work in the Middle School, providing back-up support in the Lower School as needed. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluate the physical and emotional status of students through the use of appropriate evaluative techniques and referrals.
- Provide first aid to students when needed and notify parents, faculty, staff, and/or administration with the accurate health status of students when required.
- Assist the Nurse in establishing procedures for the administration and security of medications needed for students. Administer medications to students when deemed appropriate and after required authorization forms are received.
- Provide for the promotion and maintenance of good health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries.
- Maintain health records of students.
Qualified candidates must have an RN license and a minimum of three years of nursing experience. Current CPR certification must be presented. Must have excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills and the ability to work with independence in dealing with the diverse elements of the academic environment. This position requires absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
This is a 10-month position, Monday through Friday. The candidate will work four and a half hours per day and the daily schedule will be mutually agreed upon. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210