Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, has an immediate opening for a Custodian. Calvert School is dedicated to educating girls and boys through its time-tested method of teaching and its rigorous curriculum. This is a great opportunity to work in a supportive and friendly environment. Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Calvert School pays 100% of the employee cost for health, prescription, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance. A retirement benefit is also offered. Calvert offers generous sick, vacation, and holiday leave. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed and proof of vaccination is required.
The Custodian will work 40-hours per week, Monday through Friday, under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities. Responsibilities will include the following duties:
- Follow a daily, weekly, seasonally and annual work routine to perform custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness and well-groomed appearance of the school. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vacuum carpets, dust furniture, sweep and mop floors, walls and stairways, window cleaning that may include exterior and interior, desk cleaning, bathroom and chalk board cleaning.
- Remove garbage to appropriate receptacle.
- Maintain adequate cleaning supplies and refills dispensers for paper towels, toilet tissue and hand soap.
- Respond to and assist with daily Maintenance Requests.
- Keep the Schools secure, ensuring all doors and windows are locked and equipment and lights are turned off after school hours.
Qualifications of the ideal candidates include the following:
- High school diploma or GED required with one to two years of related experience.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, including weekends on occasion, and must work effectively as a member of a team or independently.
- Lifting up to 50-pounds would be a plus.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210