Technology Support Specialist
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, has an opening for a Technology Support Technician. Calvert School is dedicated to educating girls and boys through its time-tested method of teaching and its rigorous curriculum. Particular emphasis is given to mastering essential skills, inspiring a lifelong love of learning, and instilling enthusiasm, responsibility and self-discipline. Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
The Technology Support Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Technology to provide first level response to technology support requests submitted by employees and students, resolving issues with computers and other devices, peripherals, and software applications. The Specialist will also assist other members of the Technology Department to support technology and A/V needs for school events.
Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma and one to two years of related experience. A Bachelor’s degree or related technology certifications and experience listed below is preferred.
- Experience in a support position with the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and communicate effectively with team members, colleagues, and students.
- Network+ and MCP certification.
- Experience with MDM platforms and iOS.
- Experience with Google Apps.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite, enterprise anti-virus software, imaging software, print servers, and PBX.
This is a 12-month position and the hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, and retirement plans. Generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave is also offered. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210