Full-Time Child Care Teacher
Calvert School has an immediate need for a full-time Child Care Teacher for its Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys program. Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys is a childcare center providing care to infants eight weeks old to toddlers age four. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for work in a supportive and friendly environment. The center is located in Cross Keys on Falls Road, which is accessible from I-83. This is a 12-month position, Monday through Friday.
Kiddie Calvert Teachers are responsible for creating and implementing curriculum and activities that are age appropriate and they will manage the daily affairs of a classroom communicating frequently with parents and collaborating with team members.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Calvert School pays 100% of the employee cost for health, prescription, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance. A retirement benefit is also offered. Calvert offers generous sick, vacation, and holiday leave.
Qualifications of the ideal candidates include the following:
- Must be 21 years or older and have at least one full year working in a preschool setting.
- Must be Maryland Senior Staff qualified (possessing the 90-hour certification), 45 of which must be in Infant/Toddler or hold an associate or bachelor’s degree (with transcripts) in Early Childcare Education (ECE).
- Candidate must have successfully completed 45 hours of Child Development and 9 hours of Communication.
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
- Demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
In addition, candidates must meet the State of Maryland, Office of Child Care, and other licensing regulatory agencies requirements including a pre-employment medical exam and a TB test with a negative result. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210