Part-time Child Care Assistant Teacher
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, has an immediate opening for a Part-time Child Care Assistant Teacher for its Kiddie Calvert program. Kiddie Calvert is an on-site child care center providing care to infants eight weeks old to toddlers age four. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for work in a supportive and friendly environment. The school is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
This 10-month position is available for the 2020-21 school year, and the Assistant Teacher will work under the supervision of the Director of Early Childhood Education. The hours for the position are Monday through Friday, 12:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate include the following:
- Must be 20 years or older and have had prior childcare experience.
- Maryland Senior Staff qualification (possessing the 90-hour certification) or holding an associate degree in Early Child Care (ECC) preferred.
- First Aid and CPR-certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
- Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
- Must have a high school diploma.
A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210