Part-Time Child Care Assistant Teacher
Calvert School has expanded its program and has an immediate opening for a part-time Child Care Assistant Teacher.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Kiddie Calvert Cross Keys, which is located in the Cross Keys on Falls Road and is accessible from I-83. Kiddie Calvert Assistant Teachers will assist Lead Teachers in creating and implementing curriculum and activities that are age appropriate. Teachers will oversee the classroom management of students and will employ a variety of educational techniques to teach children in a safe, nurturing, and enriching program.
The hours of work are Thursday and Friday from 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. This is a 12-month position.
Qualifications of the ideal candidates include the following:
- Must be 18 years or older and be Maryland Senior Staff qualified (possessing the 90-hour certification), 45 of which must be in Infant/Toddler or hold an Associates or Bachelor’s degree (with transcripts) in Early Childcare Education (ECE).
- Candidate must have successfully completed 45 hours of Child Development and 9 hours of Communication.
- First Aid and CPR certified preferred (will provide training for certification, if needed).
- Demonstrated skills establishing effective relationships with staff, parents, and children.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have strong communication skills.
In addition, candidates must meet the State of Maryland, Office of Child Care, and other licensing regulatory agencies requirements including a pre-employment medical exam and a TB test with a negative result. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed and proof of vaccination is required.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210